4.4.2 quick feedback, was: Re: QT Extended version 4.4.2 release is out!

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Fri Oct 31 22:41:08 CET 2008

On Sat November 1 2008 7:31:31 am Warren Baird wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Johny Tenfinger <seba.dos1 at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Suspend/resume problems are AFAIK kernel issues, reporting it on Qt
> > Extended topics aren't usefull...
>
> I'm not sure I agree.   In QT Extended  4.4.1 the phone would reliably wake
> up from suspend on a phone call or SMS - in 4.4.2 it doesn't.   That makes
> it a QT Extended issue.

It's not a Qt Extended issue. If you would put 4.4.2 on the rootfs that came
with 4.4.1, you would most likely not see this suspend problem.

Qt Extended has nothing to do with how a phone suspends other than telling it
when to suspend itself, or how the device wakes up. The modem is responsible
for waking up the phone up when there is an incoming call or message.

But the appearance is that Qt Extended 4.4.2 has a suspend problem.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Qt Software, Nokia Pty Ltd