using openocd

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Mon Sep 1 09:43:19 CEST 2008

Hi Lynn-

Lynn Nguyen ??:
> Yeah it's loading the correct openocd.cfg file. I even added random
> commands to it and i saw those commands in the error messages. I even
> used -f to be sure.

* Could you check the .cfg file is comes with, it should called
openocd-debugv2.cfg :

1. ft2232_vid_pid 0x1457 0x5118

2. And adjust jtag_speed to higher number (4 or 8, default is 0)

* And is your debug board UART (terminal console) is working?

If still not working, you might could erase the EEPROM content in the
debug board again, return the default USB ID 0403 6010. They see if the
UART and openocd could work.

Regards,

- --
Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu)
Openmoko, Inc.
Support.

Some questions could be answered by reference following link:

Wiki - http://wiki.openmoko.org
Download - http://downloads.openmoko.org

Freerunner Introduction -
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner