using openocd

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Tue Sep 2 06:58:43 CEST 2008

Hi Lynn-

Lynn Nguyen 提到:
> Why would I want to do that to the debug board?
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_Board_v3 . If the usb id is
> 0403:6010 then its wrong isn't it?

Yes, 0403:6010 is wrong if you get the debug v3 comes with these IDs.
But use the default ID advantage is you could get your system recognized
debug board as ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 immediately, instead of showing 1-1,
2-1, 2-1.1 in the ubuntu /dev (USB hub/FTDI channel 1/FTDI channel 2).
In your case, I suggest you reset debug board eeporm and direct use it
again or re-program it.

In some cases (very rare) that re-program or reset the FTDI content
could let debug board back to normal.

Other possible is FPC not correct connected, but should have at least
UART or JTAG worked.

Regards,

- --
Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu)
Openmoko, Inc.
Support.

Some questions could be answered by reference following link:

Wiki - http://wiki.openmoko.org
Download - http://downloads.openmoko.org

Freerunner Introduction -
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner