gta02, debian, fso: pairing (and using) bleutooth headset?

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 05:36:21 CEST 2008

Jim

The best fit for this older version is talking to the service via
d-bus. At one point I had python and d-bus working well enough to fire
off the audio service as in the example at
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices#python1

Combined with the right state file, you should get a bluetooth headset
working if the hardware is right. If it doesn't work, I would keep the
call and bluetooth play going and fiddle with mixer settings via
something like alsamixer to see if you can get any noise at all.
Perhaps run something that plays an mp3 at the same time and you'll
know if you find instead a way to get system audio out onto bluetooth.

Brad

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Jim Morris <ml at e4net.com> wrote:
> Brad Midgley wrote:
>> Jim
>>
>>> Presuming this flips the right codec switches, how do you coordinate the audio service?
>>
>> what version of bluez-utils do you get?
>>

> Whichever one 2008.8 has as my opkg points to that feed.
>
> bluez-utils - 3.23-r4 -
> bluez-utils-alsa - 3.23-r2 -
> bluez-utils-compat - 3.23-r4 -
>

> --