gta02, debian, fso: pairing (and using) bleutooth headset?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Wed Sep 3 06:33:30 CEST 2008

Brad Midgley wrote:
> Jim
>
> The best fit for this older version is talking to the service via
> d-bus. At one point I had python and d-bus working well enough to fire
> off the audio service as in the example at
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices#python1
>
> Combined with the right state file, you should get a bluetooth headset
> working if the hardware is right. If it doesn't work, I would keep the
> call and bluetooth play going and fiddle with mixer settings via
> something like alsamixer to see if you can get any noise at all.
> Perhaps run something that plays an mp3 at the same time and you'll
> know if you find instead a way to get system audio out onto bluetooth.

I already tried all that, including the python script. I've tried everything on the bluez wiki and
the OM wiki.

I think I have the .state file correct, no way of really knowing. I can't get anything to play
through the headset be it a test wave file via aplay or gsm in a call.

Short of reverse engineering both bluez and the audio driver and the kernel and the gsm drivers, I
really don't see any other way of getting it to work, and I really don;t have an infinite amount of
time to play with this stuff.

Obviously OM never tested any of this, so its possible it is broken in the H/W, and could never
work, who knows?

Thanks for your help though.

Is there a better version of bluez utils? I could easily build a new version, but I suspect I also
need to build a new kernel if I go that route. There is no mention in bluez of chips routing the pcm
audio directly to the audio card, so it is possible bluez doesn't support that option anyway?

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com