2008.8 updated today and illume as default profile brings "classical" enlightenment

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Thu Sep 4 16:11:45 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 08:53:46AM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I updated to today's stable packages (after noticing quite a lot of merges
> from testing), and lost the illume/raster keyboard.
>
> I tried to apply the hacks described at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Keyboard_Debate#How_to_install_the_illume_.28Raster.27s.29_keyboard_.3F
> (more or less), and noticed that now, only the 'asu' default profile
> seems to bring the 2008.8 theme, and setting it as 'illum' (echo
> 'E_PROFILE="-profile illume"' > /etc/enlightenment/default_profile)
> will switch to "classical" enlightenment "desktop like" theme, menus,
> etc.

I also had this issue when I upgraded today.

> I think the http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Keyboard_Debate should be
> updated, but I'm not so sure something ain't broken in the current
> stable updates :-/

Yes, I think there is actually something broken. When I did "opkg files
illume-config-illume" after the upgrade, it showed that this package was
actually empty, just like several of the other illume packages
(illume-keyboard-*). Doing an "opkg install" with the URL of the
packages in the testing feed didn't seem to work either, I had to
download the ipk's from the testing feed, put their md5sums into the
packages list in /var/lib/opkg/daily-all and "opkg install *.ipk". That
did it for me.

HTH,
Thomas