[2008.8] [bluetooth] No "pand" daemon?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 23:23:53 CEST 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008, Vasco Névoa wrote:
> Hi.
> I can't find the "pand" (Personal Area Network daemon) on my system, and
> I can't find which package installs it.
> I'd like to get bluetooth networking going, but its not possible without
> "pand".
> Was it removed from the distro? Someone has a clue for me?

hidd recently disappeared, and had apparently been deprecated for some time. I
wonder if pand has gone the same way. It certainly looks as though there is
now a dbus-based control method for networking as there is for input device.
Perhaps this will be of some help:

http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/NetworkConnections