[2008.8] [wifi] Settings / Wifi / password field does not allow pasting

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Fri Sep 5 04:58:45 CEST 2008

On Friday, 5. September 2008 05:33:59 Vasco Névoa wrote:
> I have a 63 character random-generated password for my WPA network.
> The GUI asks for the password but apparently does not allow me to use
> copy-paste to insert it.
> Is there any other simple way to do this? Surely you don't expect me to
> input it by hand into Neo's GUI?!...

We are not that cruel.  :-)

Recently, I added a password saving feature to settings. It will save all
passwords after a successful connection attempt to a protected network in a
file. This file (/etc/wifi.conf) is human readable. You could add a section
for your network there. The format looks like that:

[00:11:22:33:44:55] // your networks bssid
password = 012345 // your password
description = Openmoko // essid (optional)

I guess it will take 1-2 days until this feature is through our queue and ends
up in Om2008.8-update.

HTH,
Marek