getting error while trying to flash my neo freerunner

steffen.linux at gmx.de steffen.linux at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 10:16:31 CEST 2008

Hi, me again ;)

I think I've the part of the code, where the error occurs:
In sam7dfu.c
"printf("Starting download: [");
	fflush(stdout);
	while (bytes_sent < st.st_size /* - DFU_HDR */) {
		int hashes_todo;

		ret = read(fd, buf, xfer_size);
		if (ret < 0) {
			perror(fname);
			goto out_close;
		}
"

now where is the function "read"? and what does this function? I can't find anything in the sam7dfu.c and in the included files, there is even no function "read".
Only one file I can't check because I dunno where it is: config.h in the svn trunk.

Why do I think that this is the code where the error occurs?
1. the "Starting download ["
2. the "perror(fname);", in the other error handlers, there is a ""Error during download\n", but in my error message, there is only a "dfu_download error".
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:23:18 -0700
> Von: Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org>
> An: Support for Openmoko Device Owners <support at lists.openmoko.org>
> Betreff: Re: getting error while trying to flash my neo freerunner

> Is that error copy-and-pasted? A friend is looking through the source
> and is not finding even "[dfu_download" anywhere.

Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03