[2008.8] [wifi] Settings / Wifi / password field does not allow pasting

vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Fri Sep 5 11:28:44 CEST 2008

Thanks, Zack.

Yes, I had done that too (although I didn't put it in a script like
you - I like your script, you bring down usb0 to clean up the routing
table and call udhcpc eth0 again after ifup eth0 to make sure you get
an IP).

However, I would like to see the GUI "doing the right thing".
Yesterday I did bite the bullet and copied my random-gen password byte
by byte into the password field while looking at it displayed in my
PC. It took me a couple of minutes to do it - you can't see what
you're inputting, so it takes time to do it right.

But the frustrating part is that later I switched off wifi in the GUI,
and when I turned it back on, IT ASKED FOR THE PASSWORD AGAIN!!!!
AAAARRGGGHHH!! Obviously, I won't go through that again.

So, now I have 3 complaints/wishes for the wifi gui:
1 - always allow pasting into password field;
2 - an option to allow visual feedback (see the actual chars) input
into the password field;
3 - store the already input password!!!

Should I send this to another list to get developer attention?