microSD slot fried?

-stacy slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Fri Sep 5 17:05:26 CEST 2008

Dmitry Makovey wrote:

> http://makovey.objectis.net/Members/dimon/issues/om/microSD1.jpg/view
> http://makovey.objectis.net/Members/dimon/issues/om/microSD2.jpg/view
>
> I'm not a big expert in electronics but to me it
> looked like something is not right. Am I correct that
> the slot is defective (or at least has defective
> soldering) or should I look for the source of problem
> somewhere else?

This doesn't help your problem, but looks like you have a capacitor
soldered between pins 5&6, that is a hardware fix for the issue of the
SD card interfering with the GPS. I'm guessing that you didn't solder
that in yourself, so has that fix become part of the current production
devices then?

-stacy