gta02, debian, fso: pairing (and using) bleutooth headset?

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 18:39:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Brad Midgley <bmidgley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim
>
> > I already tried all that, including the python script. I've tried
> everything on the bluez wiki and
> > the OM wiki.

I got a bluetooth headset to work. Here' and initial rundown on how to do
it, I'm not sure if all of the steps are required but I know most of them
are.

Pair your headset instructions are here

http://wiki.bluez.org/

After pairing I made a ./home/root/asoundrc to set the headset up as the
default alsa device. This step is probably not required

pcm.!default {
        type bluetooth
        device <device mac address from above pairing>
        profile "auto"
}

I wrote a little python script to setup the audio service and set the
headset as the default device

http://handheldshell.com/BtHeadset.py

I compiled the binary from the wiki page
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_audio_subsystem

http://handheldshell.com/bluetooth_pcm

Get the alsa state file

http://wiki.openmoko.org/images/6/64/Gsmbluetooth_gta02.state.txt

Now start the call

run

alsactl restore 0 Gsmbluetooth_gta02.state.txt
BtHeadset.py <headset mac addres> &
bluetooth_pcm

You should now hear the call in your headset. I have not tried to see if the
mic is working yet. This was all done with the 2008-updates image from sept
4.

Angus