[2008.8] [wifi] Settings / Wifi / password field does not allow pasting

vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Fri Sep 5 19:08:07 CEST 2008

Citando Marek Lindner <marek at openmoko.com>:

> On Friday, 5. September 2008 22:05:22 vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt wrote:
>> > Well, I don't know what your real problem is at the moment. How do you
>> > intend to copy from and why it does not work for you ?
>>
>> Well, my "problem" is just a normal use-case: a regular user is not
>> expected to go edit a configuration file when there is a GUI to do the
>> job.
>
> You misunderstood my question. Let me clarify:
> Please provide a step by step instruction on how you copy & paste your
> password into the field and outline at which point its failing.
> It is hard to fix a bug that you don't know how to reproduce.  :-)
Ah. Ok. :)
Software: OM2008.8-update, with today's opkg upgrade of /testing feed.

My WPA key is in a text file in my home dir.

Use case A (normal):
1 - launch a GUI text editor(like qtopia "notes") and open the key file;
2 - select the relevant text ("ctrl-a") and try to copy it with
"ctrl-c" or "ctrl-ins" on the terminal-like keyboard;
3 - call the "settings" via the illume menu (already opened and
running, just select it from drop-down list);
4 - pick "wifi"
5 - pick my WPA network;
6 - when prompted for password, tap the field to establish focus and
try to paste the text copied from the terminal: keyboard "ctrl-v" or
"shift-ins" won't do anything.

Use case B (desperate):
1 - do "cat key.txt" in a om terminal;
2 - select the relevant key text by dragging over the text;
3 - continue from step 3 of use case A.

None of these do anything visible to the password field.