gta02, debian, fso: pairing (and using) bleutooth headset?

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Sep 6 00:14:11 CEST 2008

Angus Ainslie wrote:
> OK reproduced a few times now.
>
> Some times the bluetooth/alsa/dbus gets into a state where this will not
> work so you should reboot to start everything fresh.
>
> I've created a new state file that prodices NOISY audio , I will be
> looking into the source of noisy and getting the mic path properly setup
> as well.
>
> http://handheldshell.com/gsm_headset.txt
>
> Pair the headset ( only needs doing once )
>
> run
>
> ./BtHeadset.py <bluetooth address>
>
> You should hear static in the headset at this point. If not try
> rerunning BtHeadset.py. If you still don't have static reboot.
>
> start the phone call. Once connected
>
> alsactl restore 0 -f gsm_headset.txt
> ./bluetooth_pcm

Good work, The step you did that I did not even think of was running the bluetooth_pcm.c file. To be
honest I don't really see why/how this should even work. But as it is the only step that was
different from what I did I suppose it must be the missing link.

Do you know if the audio is being routed directly from GSM to BT or through the CPU via PCM then
into the BT via the USB interface?

Thanks for working on this, I had given up!

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com