microSD slot fried?

Dmitry Makovey dmakovey at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 10:43:09 CEST 2008

--- Dmitry Makovey <dmakovey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now big question for me is: how do I install QTopia
> on
> this microSD and get it to boot? I mean I know the
> steps to install QTopia, but if it's kernel is
> tweaked
> the same way - wouldn't it bomb on boot failing to
> recognize the card? (I might end up trying anyway
> but
> it's better to ask first in case there are
> consequences/workarounds I'm not aware of).

after some fiddling with the procedures etc. I did get
QTopia to run from microSD. Nothing special, but after
I have applied

echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk

fix even after reboot my card is recognized. Does that
mean that those parameters are written into ROM ? Does
it also mean that my GPS functionality is affected as
I recall that was the fix for slow "fix" times on GPS.

So in my case I wanted to have QTopia on microSD as it
doesn't support GPS anyway and run OM2008.8 natively
to use GPS. Do I have to extract microSD card every
time to use GPS or should I script into OM2008.8 to:

echo 0 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk

on startup and

echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk

on shutdown ?