[qtopia]how to install a qpk package?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:35:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've look at repository Qtopia.net, a and I figured out that we where
missing file .qpd. I've created this file by copying the containt of the
file called control which is inside the package archive (a qpk is
tar.gz). It misses the Md5um: and Filesize: field, so I added it. Heres
what I get

cityMap_1.0.0-1_arm.qpd:
Package: cityMap
Filename: cityMap_1.0.0-1_arm.qpk
Size: 88747
MD5Sum: dae701a3dafed772330c136ed29a4657
Maintainer: Damien RANNOU,,, damunix at damunix-laptop
License: GPL
Version: 1.0.0-1
Trust: Untrusted
Arch: arm
Architecture: arm
Domain: window
QtopiaVersion: 4.3.0-4.3.2
Devices: ficgta01
Type: generic
Installed-Size: 300881
File-Count: 9

As you have only one package, the package list is simply this file.
Normally is would be generated by something like:

        cat *.qpd > packages.list
        echo > packages.list

Note that without a blank line at the end of the file it did not work
for me. The you add you HTTP server to you server list and install the
app. My first note is that the application is not really a version 1.0,
their exist hardcoded path, like the .osm file that is required to start
the app but actually not used at all. To use the GPS, it seems that you
need to get the fix before you start this app (I not sure how to do
that). The tile cache does not work.

Have fun,
Nicolas