SD Card Issues On GTA02

Marzak jonevalencia at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 20:00:20 CEST 2008

>Other things you could try are leaving the SD clock on with the command
>echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk
>and if that doesn't work try increasing the bus drive with
>echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive, or maybe 2

I was finally able to get it to work reliably thanks to Simon's suggestions.
Here is what worked for me.  Hope it helps others:

- I'm running recent stable 2008.8
- Normal clock speed for sd_max_clk
- Make sure suspend is off.  I have illume-config installed.  I used it to
set the power management and had suspend off but dim on.  Apparently this
still affects suspend handling because once I turned it off the debian
install went a lot further.  Also verify that suspend is off in the basic
configuration menu of the 2008.8 install.  Although this helped, it still
failed after a long time of writes from the install.
- set sd_idleclk to 1 with the command listed above.  Once I did this I was
able to install debian twice in a row without issue.  Once to the original
SD card and once to a 2GB sandisk (from the list of verified cards).

Hope this helps others with SD issues.