Software package

Alon Levy alonlevy1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:10:44 CEST 2008

Just look at the *.desktop files in your home directory's Desktop dir:

ls ~/Desktop/*.desktop:
De Blob (English).desktop  mysynergyc_restart.desktop
ies4linux-ie6.desktop      Spring battleroom.desktop

cat ~/Desktop/ies4linux-ie6.desktop:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Exec=/home/alon/bin/ie6
Icon=/home/alon/.ies4linux/ies4linux.png
Name=Internet Explorer 6.0
GenericName=Web Browser
Comment=MSIE 6.0 by IEs4Linux
Encoding=UTF-8
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Network;

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:53 PM, stefan gustavsson <sigma_50 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> How do i create the .desktop file, what do i put in, they all look
> different, could someone help me with this
>

> ------------------------------
> > Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:43:23 +1000
> > From: antisol at internode.on.net
> > To: support at lists.openmoko.org
> > Subject: Re: Software package
>

> > stefan gustavsson wrote:
> > > Where do i activate the handwriting software, i have downloaded the x11
> handwriting software to the neo freerunner with OM2008.8, but i cant find
> where to activate it. The other question i had is where do i find the
> software/package that enables the motion features on the neo freerunner,
> like the screen adapting to how you hold your phone. Thanks in advance Kind
> Regards Stefan
> > >
> > create a .desktop file for it in /usr/share/applications, using one of
> > the existing ones as a template.
> >
> > HTH,
> > -Dale

Alon Levy
http://wiki.saymoo.org/

All programmers are optimists -- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.