Problem with upgrading opkg

malte malte at loopback.org
Mon Sep 8 18:57:57 CEST 2008

Hello

I have a problem upgrading opkg, the installed version is

0.1.4+svnr4562-r0

which is known to be buggy: https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1695

my feeds point to http://shr.bearstech.com/fso-testing/.. (all of them)
installed image: fso milestone 2, without upgrades

what i do:

# opkg update

works ok, looking into /var/lib/opkg/fso-armv4t says:

Package: opkg
Version: 0.1.4+svnr4488-r0

as expected

# opkg install opkg
Package opkg (0.1.4+svnr4562-r0) installed in root is up to date.

This is not expected! Why is it 'up to date'?

Ok - trying to force feed

#  opkg install
http://shr.bearstech.com/fso-testing/ipk/armv4t/opkg_0.1.4+svnr4488-r0_armv4t.ipk
Downloading
http://shr.bearstech.com/fso-testing/ipk/armv4t/opkg_0.1.4+svnr4488-r0_armv4t.ipk
Multiple packages (opkg and opkg) providing same name marked HOLD or
PREFER.  Using latest.
Multiple packages (opkg and opkg) providing same name marked HOLD or
PREFER.  Using latest.
Package opkg (0.1.4+svnr4562-r0) installed in root is up to date.

HOLD or PREFER explain the unexpected behavior.

My questing is: Where/How can I change this setting, allowing opkg to
upgrade itself.

greetings
malte