gta02, debian, fso: pairing (and using) bleutooth headset?

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:41:32 CEST 2008

hey

> As an aside I was wondering if the old "Neo Mode" setting in the alsa control files for GTA01 was
> doing what the pcm_bluetooth file is now doing? If someone had the old gta01 code it would be worth
> taking a look to see if it was doing that and what else it did.

I've looked at the scripts. They're pretty inventive.

Once we have something that is reproducible, we should replace the
.asoundrc parsing and the alsa calls. What the script does currently
is parse .asoundrc to figure out what bluetooth device to use, then it
opens the alsa device so pcm_bluetooth will talk to the audio service
to negotiate the connection and set up the sco channel. It's sneaky
because pcm_bluetooth also thinks it's responsible for the audio
stream but it's being bypassed completely.

It should be possible, even in this version of bluez, to use dbus
calls into bluez to get the device and to open the channel. You'll
probably want to keep the script running for the duration of the call.

How much of this will work for my neo1973? I hesitate since I don't
know which of the os forks I should use and if mokomakefile etc
applies any more.

--
Brad