[qtopia&openmoko]kernel panic on the second boot from the sd

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:52:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Thomas Bertani <sylar1991 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get this error on the second boot of qtopia (also openmoko) from the sd,
> why?
>

> debugfs dir creation failed -19
> unsupported configuration opcode: 3
> unsupported configuration opcode: 5
> kernel panic- not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block
> (179,2)

a) The first three errors routinely appear during boot on my FR (IIRC,
whether 2007.2 or Qtopia is booting makes no difference)

b) Did the phone suspend and resume during the previous session? It
may have corrupted the SDcard filesystem... this is just a guess. See
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware_Issues#Suspend.2Fresume_corrupts_SD_card.27s_partition_table

HTH
Ed.