qtopia - kernel panic

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 04:32:36 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Bernhard Schauer
<lkml.bschauer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> as ext2 is a subset of ext3 it is also mountable as ext2 (but then without
> journalling). It is required that the Filesystem was clean unmounted before
> to do that.

Hi Bernhard,
Wow - but earlier posts (in this very thread, I think) implied that
this was not possible - to boot from an ext3 partition by treating it
as ext2...
Well, I did my sdcard partition as ext2, but I think I need to read up
about ext3/ext2 to understand what you have said. Thanks for the info!

Regards
Ed.