Micro SD 8GB works

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Tue Sep 9 12:11:10 CEST 2008

Joachim Ott-2 wrote:

>>That's old news. :-) See
>>http://picasaweb.google.com/Joachim.Ott/NeoFreerunner#5234723254585254498and
>>following pic.

I've been using an 8GB Sandisk "Premiere" MicroSDHC in mine. I'm not yet
convinced it isn't a fake, as it works but the speed is not 100% convincing.

Would one of the two previous posters mind posting the results of hdparm -tT
performed on your device for comparison?

/dev/mmcblk0p2:
 Timing cached reads:    92 MB in  2.01 seconds =  45.66 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl
for device
 Timing buffered disk reads:    4 MB in  3.82 seconds =   1.05 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl
for device

Which is not quite the 10/9 the blurb for the card cited. Not that I'm sure
if the bottleneck is the freerunner or the card.