A few problems I've been having ... suggestions?

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Tue Sep 9 12:52:32 CEST 2008

Evgeny Ginzburg wrote:

> Known problem for some operators, it seems there is fix for this in the
> near future.
> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/028495.html

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that hitting the main repos, or try the
patch if it really affects me badly.

> Try this: http://www.smurfy.de/files/neo/remove_all_contacts
> (from http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Vcf_Contacts)

Unfortunately I tried that and I get -

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./killbook.sh", line 24, in <module>
    l = getAddressBook().getContactList("(contains \"x-evolution-any-field\"
\"\     ")")
  File "./killbook.sh", line 17, in getAddressBook
    sb = dbus.SessionBus()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 217, in
__new__
    mainloop=mainloop)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 106, in
__new__
    bus = BusConnection.__new__(subclass, bus_type, mainloop=mainloop)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 125, in __new__
    bus = cls._new_for_bus(address_or_type, mainloop=mainloop)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed:
dbus-launch failed to autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch requested, but
X11 support not compiled in.
Cannot continue.

Unfortunately I don'#t know my python well enough to figure out the problem,
unless it is the stated problem, in which case I may have deeper problems...