A few problems I've been having ... suggestions?

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Tue Sep 9 21:02:31 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 06:10:45AM -0700, Gothnet wrote:
> > Sorry I gave you wrong instructions, it's for OM 2007.
> > OM 2008.8 stores data in /home/root/.evolution/
> > (source- http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/A_Filesystem's_Guide)
> > hope this will help.
> >

> That path doesn't seem to exist on my freerunner....
>
> Am currently scanning through every file on the machine for a known string
> (someone's name) to see if I can hunt down the addressbook, so far no luck.
> Though I have found three instances of what look like predictive keypad
> input with names in them.

Evolution is OM2007.
OM2008.8's default addressbook is part of Qtopia, and Qtopia seems to
store most of its data in SQLite databases. The one containing the
addressbook is ~/Applications/Qtopia/qtopia_db.sqlite. The database
schema implies that this file also contains appointments, dates, the
call history, and other stuff.

I think you can delete all contacts by loading the file into SQLite and
doing "delete from contacts;". Qtopia probably shouldn't be running and
accessing the file while you are doing this.

HTH,
Thomas