Revive Freerunner with USB power?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Sep 10 18:10:04 CEST 2008

Joachim Ott wrote:
> Before trying this: would it work to give USB power to the pins where
> the battery connects in order to revive the FR or will that cause damage
> in the device? The output of the USB is about 4.56 V and (I think) 500 mA.

It's fine. Just be very careful. If the polarity is wrong, or you touch
the wrong pins, or you give the wrong voltage you will almost certainly
damage your FreeRunner. Hook everything up, then get a friend to look
and confirm you've done it correctly before you turn on the USB power.

To protect ourselves we have to say that "OpenMoko does not recommend
this procedure so do so at your own risk".