[qtopia] rotate screen?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Thu Sep 11 08:54:18 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> Thomas Bertani wrote:
>>> is it possible to rotate screen orientation of qtopia on the fr?
>> In 4.4 yes.
>
> I forgot to ask, but... Does qtopia 4.4 run in framebuffer or in X11 or
> can it work in both?

Framebuffer only. Qtopia running on X11 is unsupported and unmaintained by Trolltech/Nokia. Although
we do keep our "port" to X11 compiling.

Perhaps in some future version 'Qtopia' on X will be a completely supported thing, but not for now.

> If it uses fb only, (and this question goes mostly to the OM guys) will
> it be ported to use X11 for being used in Om200x.x? :P

Qtopia already has been "ported" to X11 by Trolltech.
Openmoko is trying to make it more usable and integrate with other toolkit.
Kind of like what the maemo-qt4 guys are doing to the n810.