Ubuntu on 1973/Freerunner

Peter Helfer peter.helfer.java at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:44:09 CEST 2008

nope---
im more the kind of concerned user who wishd' that openmoko would become a
unified platform than a play-bed for 20 distributions...
And I wished too, that instead of trying to bring all kinds of functionality
into that phone, the core functionality would just work. And the startup
time could be reduced to something normal. And the toolchain would behave
nicely, too ... But I understand as well that once in a while, some people
like to play around to explore new possibilities. So just do it anyway :-)

Regarding startup speed: did somebody look actually into loading certain
functionality after showing the GUI ? (e.g. Bluetooth, Wifi.. and other
kernel modules),
prelinking the libraries ?

my 2c

Peter