Ubuntu on 1973/Freerunner

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:37:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Max Kiva <mkiva at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> I am afraid, I agree.
> There needs to be concerted effort on making core functionality *just* work,
> . So that the handset becomes attractive to average non-techie user and is
> able to generate more revenue.

Sorry guys, this is how an open-source project works, and it's a
feature - not a bug.

The wide availability of diverse software choices allows the community
to come to a concensus on the important decisions.

If you'd like to have a platform dictated to you, there's a company in
Cupertino that can do that.

Open Source is messy.  You get your hands dirty.  It's an integral
part of the process.  So if you want One Distribution to Rule Them
All, dig in.  Get involved.  Make it.  _Show us why we're wrong_.  Not
with words, but with actions - they speak louder after all.  :)

--tim