Revive Freerunner with USB power?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 12 01:10:01 CEST 2008

Wrong bug - why does the FR SOMETIMES discharge to flat in only a few
hours?

No excessive current draw when checked, no apps running away, no
anything that would seem to do it.

Only leaves the gsm chip (that doesnt register on the charge counter as
its directly connected to the battery, correct?) - whats it doing?

BillK

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 11:07 -0700, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> William Kenworthy wrote:
> > I'm having to do this on a regular basis - why?
> >
> > 1 out of every 3 or so nights, I wake up (~6-8hrs) and find the FR
> > dead. :(  Only GSM is running and its on dim&lock
> >
> > The battery is always fully charged when checked just before I retire.
> >
> > In some cases I have left it on charge, confirmed its charging and still
> > wake to a dead phone.
> >
> > BillK
>

> There is a known bug that after fully charging the phone would turn off
> the charger and forget to turn it back on again as the phone became
> discharged. Look in the archives - I think it was last week this was
> discussed. Might be on the kernel or device-owners list.
>
> Should probably also be in TRAC.
Home in Perth!