microSD slot fried?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:38:05 CEST 2008

2008/9/6 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>:
> | [    3.170000]  mmcblk0:<6>glamo-mci glamo-mci.0:
> | Error after cmd: 0x302
>
> Then it all went wrong, 0x0302 is actually CRC error with data ready,
> never seen it before.  After that it's dead meat.

I have now the a bit similar new problem with a non-working SD card
some time after I switched to testing repositories.

The SD card still works in a card reader, but gives in Neo (from dmesg):
mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address b360
mmcblk0: mmc0:b360 USD   7070656KiB
 mmcblk0:<6>glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: Error after cmd: 0x8310
mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 0
(continues with similar I/O errors for some time)

The card is brand new and used to work for a week or so, but then I
noticed the problem yesterday evening when I tried to actually use the
SD card (openstreetmap content) after some while. And like I said, it
still works outside Neo without any problems.

I'm using 2007.2 software, Neo from the first July batch with no
hardware fixes applied.

> echo 1 > /sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk

This didn't help.

> glamo_mci.sd_max_clk=10000000

This did help, I followed instructions at
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1743

How is it possible that a previously working card suddenly becomes
non-working without the max clk, I wonder?

-Timo