Free Runner won't turn on

umaxx umaxx at oleco.net
Mon Sep 15 12:35:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:06:29 +0100
Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> If you have A6 PCB revision NAND U-Boot (NOR does not have this) will
> slowly blink the light telling you it thinks your battery is too low
> to be going on with if it feels it is <3.4V.  Kernel panic blink is
> much faster, several times a second.

Thank you very much for this code and information. I would say the
blinking of mine was the same (slow) speed in all cases (but I'm not
100% sure) - so maybe no kernel panic. But my battery was definitely not
empty... This does not happen often anyway (maybe once in 2 wweks) and
is not a big deal for me if it is working again after some minutes.

> Welcome to the exciting world of pcf50633 power behaviours, U-Boot
> chapter.  In the future, we throw all this out and just do it in
> Linux.

:)

Cheers,

Joerg