X Free Runner Server won't start

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:46:04 CEST 2008

2008/9/15 Richard Cooke <richard.mallender at gmail.com>

> It appears to be prompting for a login which it has never done before.

 That is normal. Check it on your desktop PC as well as on the Freerunner by
pressing ctrl-alt-F1.

I have flashed the latest u-boot image but this has made no difference.
> I have ssh access to the device but have no idea how to start x from there
> or to fix whatever is broken.

In Om2007.2 I have a file /tmp/x.log where you see the messages from the X
server. Maybe it's the same name in FSO or a similar one. On my system I can
start/stop/restart the X-server thru  /etc/init.d/xserver-nodm, maybe it's
just that the link into /etc/rc5.d is missing on your system.