X Free Runner Server won't start

-stacy slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Mon Sep 15 19:31:15 CEST 2008

Richard Cooke wrote:

> i42gomoe wrote:
>> I was updating some packages in my Neo Free Runner, when i reboot it the X
>> doesn 't start correctly and in the screen stay the openmoko logo and the
>> text "please wait".
>>
>> I have tried boot the Free Runner from u-boot menu(NAND and NOR) but my PC
>> can't detect the device. I would like to know if I have to re-compile my
>> kernel whith any option. Thank you for your answer and sorry for my
>> english.
>>

> I have a similar problem which may be related. I think I can add some
> detail.
> I am running FSO which I flashed with milestone 2 and have been keeping
> updated from the bearstech feed.
> This morning I did an opkg update and opkg upgrade which upgraded the kernel
> and modules along with some other mostly enlightenment stuff.
>
> On rebooting it gets as far as 'Starting Xserver', shows the 'Angstrom' logo
> and then halts at:
> openmoko -20080826 om-gta02 tty1
> om-gta02 login:

That sounds like the problem I have. I'm tracking fso-testing and see
the same behavior. /tmp/x.log tells me:

enlightenment: symbol lookup error: enlightenment: undefined symbol:
edje_scale_set
run-parts: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xXWindowManager exited with return code 127

reinstalling edje and friends with

# opkg -force-reinstall -force-overwrite install edje-utils libedje0
libembryo0

didn't help so I guess I will try reinstalling e and illume and friends.
Unless someone has a better suggestion for me to try.

-stacy