[2008.8+] Audio issues.

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 19:16:52 CEST 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008, Daniel Benoy wrote:
> What will it take to implement this?  I presume there's some kind of
> insertion signal?

It appears on one of the event interfaces - /dev/input/event0 IIRC but it
could easily be one of the others. What needs doing will again depend on the
distribution, and it's complicated by the fact that every app that does alsa
state switching needt to know about it.

According to [1] the latest oeventsd does the switching, but it's not clear of
zhone picks the right scenarios when making phone calls. It looks like
everything the apps need should be available in the dbus APIs though, so I
suspect FSO will soon get support for both wired and bluetooth headsets.

2008.8 doesn't switch anything when the headset is inserted, and the dialler
app seems equally unaware of headsets, wired or wireless. Given the mixture
of qtopia and non-qtopia bits I don't know what the best way forward would be
here.

I think 2007.2 worked with the wired headset but I wouldn't swear to it, and
don't have it installed to try it out.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=OpenmokoFramework/Status_Update_4