[2008.8+] Audio issues.

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 10:23:06 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008, Armin ranjbar wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 00:27:06 +0100
>
> Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > progress. I know that I've managed to get reasonable playback quality
> > through the headset without too much effort, the only real problem being
> > a lack of bass due to the small output coupling caps, but I know about
>
> Lets be honest , isn't it Hardware issue ? to fix this issue , do we need
> a 'software fix' or a 'software workaround' ?

If the only thing you think is crap about the sound is the lack of bass then
it is a hardware issue that's been on the list since before the Freerunner
was on sale. It would have saved some time if you said that that was the
issue in the first place. It can be mitigated to some extent using the bass
boost in the Wolfson audio chip which you can manipulate using alsamixer, or
by directly editing the state files in /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/ but
there is plenty of info on the details of this already available. In the
hardware list there's a thread discussing mods to the headset output stage.