(om2008.8-update)(gta02) qpe hogs 80% of cpu, kills battery

vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Wed Sep 17 16:13:39 CEST 2008

Apparently qpe opens up every single file and directory inside the
user's home when it boots. 8-O
Since I've got my GPS map tiles in there (which makes for 18000+
files), this explains why it takes so long to start up, and why it
functions at 100% CPU.
Do a "strace qpe 2>&1 | grep open" and you will see...
Eventually it calms down, after 10 minutes or so.

But the main problem is still there: suspend/resume gets broken and
the battery is drained fast.

I'm closing this request for help, AFAIK it's got nothing to do with QPE.

Attached is the "strace | grep open" log in case you want to take this
further.

Vasco.