What's wrong with gpsd

Alon Levy alonlevy1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:00:52 CEST 2008

I think there is a definite need to provide a gpsd compatible interface,
maybe even a /usr/bin/gpsd binary (that basically does nothing) just as a
compatibility measure. There are tons of applications that use gpsd (I can
only think of xgps right now, but there must be much more, it *is* the
standard gps interface in linux).

I know, I don't have a patch, why am I writing this? to spur someone else I
guess..

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org
> wrote:

> Am Wednesday 17 September 2008 16:05:39 schrieb Atilla Filiz:
> > So something is definitely wrong with gpsd on FR. Am I the only one with
> > this?
>
> Did you disable the built-in GPS server in frameworkd? If not, gspd and
> frameworkd compete reading from /dev/ttySAC1 and everything can go nuts.
>
> --
> :M:

Alon Levy
http://wiki.saymoo.org/

All programmers are optimists -- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.