(om2008.8-update)(gta02) qpe hogs 80% of cpu, kills battery

vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Wed Sep 17 18:03:45 CEST 2008

Citando Tom Yates <madhatter at teaparty.net>:

>> Hope you won't mind a possibly silly question, but: is your Qtopia
>> rootfs on SDcard or on NAND flash?
>
> NAND flash, as is /home/root.  i have the SDcard mounted on /media/card,
> and i only keep audio tracks and OSM tiles on it.

So we both have our OSM tiles in the sdcard... (naturally!)

QPE is "clever" enough to know which partition is a card; when my
sdcard was a FAT partition in /media/card, it created it's
"qtopia_db.sqlite" file there; now that the card is an ext2 mounted at
/home, it creates the file there (I deleted it to check). So it may
have a special fetish about media cards... and index all files on
them, independently of mount point (my theory).

If you "strace qpe 2>&1 | grep open" and wait 5 minutes, do you see
QPE opening your /media/card files a lot?