(om2008.8-update)(gta02) qpe hogs 80% of cpu, kills battery

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Wed Sep 17 20:04:07 CEST 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> if you have lots of files on your /media/card -- then you are doomed to
> wait for qpe to finish scanning them on start....
>
> or just edit Storage.conf which is I believe under
> /opt/Qtopia/etc/default
>
> and say that your /media/card has nothing interesting for qtopia ;-)
>
> PS more details could be found in earlier posts on the lists

thanks, i've looked back and found them, and on the basis of Lorn's
advice and Alex's followup, i've commented out various sections of my
Storage.conf file.  when i restart X, qpe settles down almost instantly;
hopefully, it'll stay that way.

i've documented it at
http://www.teaparty.net/technotes/openmoko-2.html#QPE-cpu .  thanks to all
for the invaluable advice and pointers.