Sound quality in calls.

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 22:29:53 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Angus Ainslie wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Al Johnson
>
> <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>wrote:
> > Controls affecting handset mic volume for GSM:
> > Control 48: "Mic2 Capture Volume"
> > Control 12: "Mono Sidetone Playback Volume"
> > Control 5: "Mono Playback Volume"
> >
> > Controls affecting wired headset mic volume for GSM:
> > Control 49: "Mic1 Capture Volume"
> > Control 12: "Mono Sidetone Playback Volume"
> > Control 5: "Mono Playback Volume"
>
> I've written a python mixer to control the mic volumes for the various
> headsets. The speaker volumes will be added when I trace their path through
> the wolfson.

Thanks for doing the script. Here are some more controls if you haven't found
them already.

Controls affecting bluetooth mic volume for GSM:
Control 13: "Mono Voice Playback Volume"
Control 5: "Mono Playback Volume"

Controls affecting handset earpiece volume for GSM:
Control 6: "Bypass Playback Volume"
Control 4: "Speaker Playback Volume"

Controls affecting wired headset earpiece volume for GSM:
Control 6: "Bypass Playback Volume"
Control 3: "Headphone Playback Volume"

Controls affecting bluetooth earpiece volume for GSM:
?

I suppose we should have same for VoIP too.