[OM2008.08] Couple of noob questions on opkg

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Thu Sep 18 18:00:23 CEST 2008

does opkg act like apt? For instance, if I keep roughly up to date using
opkg update and opkg upgrade will the kernel, system components, sound etc
etc stay up to date, or is it only being used for X11 apps?

I'm asking because I only got qtopia-x11 updates the last couple of times I
tried, which implies either that the team are mostly working on front-end
stuff, or that opkg is limited to that domain and I'll have to flash further
OM2008.08 images as they are released if I want to update the system. Which
is it?

Second question - is it easy to installl FSDOM/FDOM (whichever it is) to
SDHC?
Currently I have Debian/FSO on there but don't use it as it stopped picking
up the GSM signal for some reason, and would quite like to try out FSDOM.