2007.2: openmoko-messages segfault

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:34:05 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> I've been using 2007.2 pretty much the whole time since I got the
> phone (tried, qtopia & debian but 2007.2 was most suitable for me).
> (openmoko-messages:1698): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate():
> attempt to allocate widget with width -11 and height -11
> Segmentation fault
> root at om-gta02:~#
>
> Anyone sharing the same experience? Any tips how to get over this?

Yes, though I didn't check the logs, I couldn't read SMS messages;
they flashed briefly on the screen and disappeared each time I clicked
the message in the list of messages. I expect the best workaround (one
which I've read being told to people before) is to upgrade to a more
recent distribution such as 2008.8... and bite into a whole new set of
issues :-)
Ah, well, the wiki says prominently that the software is NOT in a
usable (for end-users) state, so issues are to be expected, and
patience exercised...

Cheers.
Ed.