(om2008.8-update)(gta02) qpe hogs 80% of cpu, kills battery

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Sun Sep 21 08:53:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Tom Yates wrote:

> my optimism might have been premature.  still, more often than not, qpe
> gets stuck in a CPU-burning loop, and it's still looking at the same bit
> of the FS again and again.  does anyone have any thoughts?  it makes the
> phone very sluggish.

i think i've nailed it, now; it's been several days since i saw qpe go
long-term busy.

based on the strace information i posted earlier, i removed the file
/home/root/.config/Trolltech/qtmail_account.conf and rebooted the 'phone.
qtopia recreated the file.

i lost my email settings (they weren't working anyway, because i need
IMAPS support) and i saw two copies of each of my INBOX text messages (one
new, one old).  once i'd manually deleted the "new" versions of each
message things got better, and have stayed that way.

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net