qtopia: 4.3.3 too sloooooow

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Sep 22 01:03:15 CEST 2008

Joerg Lippmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried something: I deleted (renamed) my root-directory. Now the
> 4.3.3-Version seems to be snappy as ever.
>
> Now what files caused the neo to be confused? My root-home had some MP3s, some
> JPGs, some OSM-Maps and several settings- and applications-directories.

Qtopia was designed to be run from the root partition on a flash chip, not from a removable sd card.

You would have to edit the etc/default/Trolltech/Storage.conf file to make it forget about the sd
/dev node, to be able to run it this way.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company