Up-to-date U-Boot version same as NOR's ?

Marcos Mezo mmezo at selexco.net
Mon Sep 22 00:19:32 CEST 2008

On Sunday 21 September 2008 18:51:48 Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Looking at http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/ I
> can see gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin which looks to me like the most
> up-to-date u-boot image.
>
> It appears as version :
> U-Boot 1.3.2-moko12 (Aug 26 2008 - 08:24:58)

Updated today and I see the same.

> I'm puzzled as this version looks the same as the NOR's one :
> U-Boot 1.3.2-moko12 (May 9 2008 - 10:28:48)
> ... unless the date difference.

But I don't think is the same, but there might be something strange.

With this "newer" NAND Uboot I'm not able to connect to it as an USB console.
I used to connect to /dev/ttyACM0 with minicom/cutecom, but after upgrading
it says always it cannot open the device or device not present or something
alike.

I can see on /var/log/messages in my computer, that right after plugin the FR
in NAND uboot it gets detected, but immediatly it says  "USB disconnect,
address whatever."

I can connect to NOR uboot fine, and was able to connect to NAND uboot with my
previous version, probably from arround 10-13/9/2008. On friday 19/9 I
updated-uboot with the one in releases/om2008-udates and began noticing this
behaviour. Sundays version still does the same.

I've not yet filled a bug for it, as I'm not completly shure where I should
put it. I tried docs.openmoko.org but didn't find any bug in any state
containing keyword uboot, and component uboot does not exist.

Marcos