Sound quality in media playback

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 08:55:45 CEST 2008

2008/9/18 Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>:
> I haven't looked closely at the whole media playback issue so I don't know
> what the best solution is. If you're lucky someone who does might read this,
> but you may be better off reposting with a more appropriate subject line.

Changed title. I'm succesfully using Neo as a DAP using the .tar.gz:d
media player with pulseaudio disabled from
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1614 (and theme files from
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner).
Additionally I've changed the /usr/share/openmoko/*.state files' Bass
Filter and Bass Volume settings to compensate for Neo's hardware
high-pass filtering the sound (see
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware_Issues#Known.2FAccepted_Issues).

-Timo