qtopia: 4.3.3 too sloooooow

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Mon Sep 22 14:04:35 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter schreef:
> Joerg Lippmann wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I tried something: I deleted (renamed) my root-directory. Now the
>> 4.3.3-Version seems to be snappy as ever.
>>
>> Now what files caused the neo to be confused? My root-home had some MP3s, some
>> JPGs, some OSM-Maps and several settings- and applications-directories.
>>
> Qtopia was designed to be run from the root partition on a flash chip, not from a removable sd card.
>
> You would have to edit the etc/default/Trolltech/Storage.conf file to make it forget about the sd
> /dev node, to be able to run it this way.

Qtopia scans your home partition when it boots. (I thought it did this
for its media player or something)
It's very annoying, I also have lots of OSM maps on my SD card. You can
turn it off by doing this.

Edit this file:     " /opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/Storage.conf
And change the [MountPoint0] section so it resembles this:
-[
[MountPoint0]
Name[] = SD Card
Path=/dev/mmcblk0p1