Battery Indicator problem

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Sep 23 03:18:58 CEST 2008

Am Montag, den 22.09.2008, 11:41 -0700 schrieb henrikz:
> I am not familiar with CC vs TH-batteries, but I do know that I am using the
> standard battery shipped with my FR (from Golden-Delicious in Germany).
>
> I take it from Your reply that I (i.e. the average FR user) should be able to
> see the battery status on the indicator?!

Yes.

> So the problem is either hardware or ... ?

First, check what battery you are actually using. It's going to show
+ (TH) - or
+ (CC) - where the contacts are.

If you are indeed using a CC battery, then something is broken. I heard
about that once before, so you're not the only one. Perhaps the supplier
(and the CC battery internals) changed or it's simpy a bug in the
kernel. In that case you need to bring that up to the kernel experts
(opening a bug and/or posting to the kernel development list).

:M: