architecture and feeds (is neo1973 correct for gta02)?

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Sep 23 04:12:32 CEST 2008

Please pardon me for ignorance if that is obvious.

Every complete system image for freerunner carries
/etc/opkg/neo1973-feed.conf which lists source for gta01 architecture --
is that supposed to be compatible with gta02?

the thing is that after opkg upgrade I get 'new kernel' and modules
packages installed for neo1973 architecture (instead of gta02), and they
fail to load...

also
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download#The_bleeding_edge:_Om_.22base_.2F_empty.22_images

lists both  neo1973 and om-gta02 feeds...

or may be opkg should take care about not installing incompatible
architecture (apparently it doesn't since I got neo1973 packages
installed on my freerunner)

I think some others reported similar behavior. so now I need manually to
exclude those neo1973 feeds from sources for the sake of healthy status
of my FR.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]